Doogue positive Laois ladies can build on from here

first_img WhatsApp Doogue positive Laois ladies can build on from here Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter TAGSKevin DoogueLaois Ladies Football By Siun Lennon – 27th March 2018 Twitter Laois Ladies manager Kevin Doogue is pleased with the progress his side are making, and says that everything comes down to getting things right for the all-important championship in June.Laois lost to Armagh by six points on Sunday, but Doogue praised the team’s performance.“We played very well. We were down by 5 points at half-time and narrowed the gap to four. We missed a goal chance but Armagh were very well set-up defensively. They got a penalty and point towards the end to seal it.” Doogue also admired the work of some of the younger players work rate during the match.“Ciara Burke played her first full match, then you have Aimee Kelly, Ciara Langton and Shauna Quirke all performing well. Laois County Council create ‘bigger and better’ disability parking spaces to replace ones occupied for outdoor dining Council Facebook Pinterest Previous articleMan suffered ‘significant facial injuries’ in Portlaoise daylight assaultNext articleLithuanian Ambassador to visit Portlaoise tomorrow Siun Lennonhttp://heresosiun.blogspot.ie/2016/09/the-lekkie-piccie-experience.htmlSiún Lennon joined LaoisToday in a full-time capacity after studying Journalism and New Media in the University of Limerick. She hails from Rosenallis and her interests vary from news, sports and politics. “We were very physical, they didn’t step back. They were moving the ball around very well.”Laois’s next test is against Tyrone on Sunday 1 April, a match where Doogue is hoping to get three points.“We are looking for a result against Tyrone. The first three matches were against Cavan, Tipperary and Waterford – all very tough teams.“We’re hopeful to get the result against Tyrone and Sligo now.”Set up for championship Doogue now says that his side are setting their sights for championship. “We’re starting get things right for championship now. It’s 10 weeks away and it’s been great to figure things out now. Everything is geared towards Offaly on June 3 now.”Laois are out next against Tyrone on Sunday April 1 and Sligo on Sunday April 8.SEE ALSO – Laois footballers trip to Croke Park confirmed Rugby Community Laois County Council team up with top chef for online demonstration on tips for reducing food waste Home Sport GAA Doogue positive Laois ladies can build on from here SportGAALadies Football Facebook WhatsApp Ten Laois based players named on Leinster rugby U-18 girls squadlast_img read more

Learn more →

Vodafone, Orange extend Spanish pact to 5G

first_imgHome Vodafone, Orange extend Spanish pact to 5G Steve works across all of Mobile World Live’s channels and played a lead role in the launch and ongoing success of our apps and devices services. He has been a journalist…More Read more Steve Costello Orange makes secure cloud pact for French market Author Orange Ventures injects €30M into new fund Vodafone, Safaricom beat MTN to Ethiopia licence Previous ArticleFTC fine provision hits Facebook profitNext ArticleBT confident 5G will go beyond mobile Vodafone Group and Orange signed a new mobile and fixed network sharing agreement in Spain, strengthening an existing deal and also enabling faster deployment of 5G over a wider geographic area.In a statement, Vodafone said the deal “establishes a more economically efficient investment model for future network deployment, is more environmentally sensitive and will bring the benefit of more rapid 5G adoption to the Spanish economy”.The original network sharing agreement covered passive infrastructure nationwide and active infrastructure in smaller towns. First signed in 2006, it was renewed in 2012 and 2016.Vodafone said the new agreement covers active network sharing (both radio access and high-speed backhaul) in cities with populations up to 175,000 people: previously, this was only possible in towns of between 1,000 and 25,000 people. Two-thirds of the Spanish population will be covered by the new shared network, with 14,800 sites expected to be shared versus 5,600 today.The operators will continue to run independent infrastructure in the biggest cities and will retain separate management of spectrum rights; network performance; control and functionality of respective core networks; and new product and service development.Their deal also has a fixed element: Vodafone said it expands its previous FTTH wholesale arrangements “on attractive economic and technical terms”, and Vodafone will be able to expand its fibre and convergent services offer to an additional 1 million premises, increasing the footprint to more than 23 million homes.Both companies have also agreed to look into expanding the fibre footprint through FTTH co-investment. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back Tags OrangeSpainVodafone AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 25 APR 2019 Relatedlast_img read more

Learn more →

Indian Hills’ production of Legally Blonde opens 3-day run Thursday

first_imgThe Indian Hills production of Legally Blonde opens Thursday and runs through Saturday.Theatre patrons interested in seeing a group of young thespians show that you don’t have to have a lot of experience to put on an impressive production can head to Indian Hills tonight through Saturday.The middle school’s 2015 musical, Legally Blonde, opens tonight at 7 p.m. Additional showings will be Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.Director Cheryl Hodges-Thrutchley said she chose the show about a seemingly intellectually challenge blonde who works her way through Harvard Law School in part because of the large cast it calls for.“I try to pick shows that have numerous parts, to showcase as many students as possible,” she said. “For many of our students in the cast, it is their first opportunity to perform in a musical production.”This year’s performance features a record 125 cast members — and two dogs.last_img read more

Learn more →

K-9 Mya assists deputies in recovering felony amount of marijuana intended for resale

first_imgSTINKING CREEK, TN (WLAF) – In a release from the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office, it’s reported that a Pioneer woman was arrested on Wednesday night on multiple charges.  On Wed., May 20, around 8 pm, Campbell County Deputy John Minor was completing routine patrol in the Stinking Creek area of Campbell County.  While on patrol, Deputy Minor observed a vehicle driving erratically by failing to maintain control of the driving lane.  The deputy identified the driver as Connie Borck of Pioneer.  He noticed the driver was acting very nervous, had the appearance of blood shot eyes and was visibly shaking. The driver admitted that she only possessed a learner’s permit and not a valid driver’s license. The driver was also unable to provide proof of insurance.While Deputy Minor completed field sobriety tests on the driver, Corporal Wayne Barton and K-9 Mya arrived on scene. The K-9 soon alerted on the passenger door of the vehicle.  That’s when the driver admitted that a large amount of marijuana was concealed in a red bag behind the seat of the vehicle. The bag contained a large amount of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana. Upon weighing of the substance, the weight exceeded the amount to constitute a felony in the State of Tennessee. The driver admitted that she had driven to Dayton, Ohio, to obtain the marijuana in which she intended to resell.Connie Borck, age 59, of Lonesome Mountain Lane of Pioneer, was charged with felony possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to maintain lane and violation of the driver license’s law. She was transported to the Campbell County Jail and was released on a $10,000 bond on Thursday. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 05/22/2020-6AM)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Learn more →

Sarri’s double dilemma: How do Chelsea get the best out of both Kante & Jorginho?

first_imgHowever, tellingly, it is Kante rather than Jorginho who is being asked to adapt his game. The Brazil-born Italy international is fundamental to Sarri’s system and he has been playing in the exact same metronomic manner since the Tuscan took charge of Napoli in 2015.Indeed, it is worth pointing out that Jorginho initially struggled at the San Paolo, after being asked to play out of his favoured central position by former Partenopei boss Rafa Benitez.So, it is Kante who must change and the stats show the former Leicester man is shooting more in the league this season, averaging one effort on goal for every 90 minutes for the first time in his Stamford Bridge career.His defensive contribution in the league has dropped, too. He is now averaging 1.85 tackles a game – down from 3.39 – while his interceptions rate has also fallen, from 2.55 to 1.31.It has been argued that Sarri should allow the two to switch positions but this simply will not happen. Jorginho, who is averaging 99 passes a game in the Premier League, is the man that he wants taking the ball off his two centre-backs, and that will not change.That does not mean, though, that he does not have to improve. Last season at Napoli, Jorginho was more effective in all aspects of his play.He was creating twice as many chances per game in Italy and his completed passes, interceptions, tackles and ball recovery averages were also higher than they have been so far in the Premier League.So, while Kante’s task is to adapt to a new position, Jorginho’s job is to adapt to a new league.  All calls for Sarri to change the make-up of his midfield will fall on deaf ears. Helping his players come to terms with the demands of ‘Sarriball’ will be the only matter on his mind right now.That means his focus will be on helping Kante become more confident and effective in the final third and figuring out a way to ensure that Jorginho cannot be shut down by a man marker, as he was against both Everton and Spurs.There may be more criticism from frustrated fans in the coming weeks but, as anyone who followed Sarri’s Napoli will know, he will not be swayed. There will be no attempt to come up with a Plan B. His only concern will be making Plan A work even better. Getty/Goal https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/f7/1b/maurizio-sarri-chelsea_1bweznf2a4uv11gxh9tw563qr9.png?t=1607529583&w=500&quality=80 Getty Images https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/3c/ff/sarri-quote-on-jorginho-gfx_xluf4zuy0obf1pvzvqziw0r98.png?t=1557111519&w=500&quality=80 That means that he will continue to use Kante as a box-to-box midfielder, as he will only consider genuine playmakers for the role at the base of the midfield.“I think, as you know, I want to play the central midfielder as a very technical player – a Jorginho or Fabregas,” Sarri said in response to Goal ‘s question about his formation at a press conference on Wednesday.”I don’t want Kante in this position. Kante, in the match (against Spurs), wanted to solve the match after the first 15 minutes but in the wrong way. He lost his position.”He attacked too much the other box. And I think this is not one of the best characteristics of Kante, but it was only a reaction to the difficulties.”Maybe it’s only a question of time. But Kante has to stay near to Jorginho, especially when the ball is on the other side. When the ball is on the left, he has to stay very close to Jorginho.”The Kante criticism comes just as the Frenchman is awarded a new five-year contract worth £290,000-a-week. He remains one of Chelsea’s most valued players.But, he and Jorginho, Chelsea’s £57 million summer signing from Napoli, should be bossing their opponents – not struggling alongside each other. The complaints came thick and fast after Chelsea’s humbling defeat by Tottenham last weekend.Disgruntled supporters claimed that N’Golo Kante is being played out of position, Jorginho has been worked out and Maurizio Sarri needs a Plan B. ‘Sarriball’ had been quickly heralded as a bold new philosophy for the historically more pragmatic Chelsea but the radically new approach is now being scrutinised after an ignominious end to the club’s 18-game unbeaten start to the season.In Sarri’s defence, though, he had repeatedly shot down claims that his new team were legitimate Premier League title contenders, pointing out that his project was nowhere near as advanced as those of Manchester City or Liverpool. Furthermore, the 3-1 loss at Wembley felt like it had been coming, after a number of underwhelming performances – particularly from a defensive perspective – in recent weeks.The match against Spurs was labelled “disaster” by Sarri, who was unhappy with his side’s defending from front to back, as each and every player failed dismally to adhere to a very strict pressing system that is designed to limit the space offered to opponents between the defensive, midfield and attacking lines.As a result, Sarri this week arranged one-on-one meetings with his charges to address what he described as “a lack of determination”.The message is clear: Sarri expects the squad to adapt to his formation – not the other way around. As we know from his time at previous club Napoli, the Italian will not deviate from his tactical plan and it was telling that he blamed the implementation of his system, rather than the system itself for the Tottenham defeat.last_img read more

Learn more →