Kameda patriarch may work fight

first_imgThe father of bantamweight Tomoki Kameda will be in his son’s corner at an Aug. 1 WBO title fight in the Philippines, Kameda’s gym announced Saturday.Shiro Kameda, the father of three professional boxers of whom Tomoki is the youngest, was banned for life by the Japan Boxing Commission over a 2007 fight in which his second son, Daiki, repeatedly fouled his opponent. GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMES IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5center_img The elder Kameda’s license was revoked in 2010 after he verbally abused officials after his oldest son, Koki, lost a title fight.Although Shiro Kameda is forbidden from setting foot in arenas under JBC jurisdiction, the Kameda gym said the ban is irrelevant when it comes to fights overseas.According to a JBC source, should Shiro Kameda be employed to assist in an overseas bout a JBC qualification review board will be convened to discuss the possibility of perhaps applying the current ban to overseas fights. last_img read more

Learn more →

Video | Is Kentucky’s legacy tarnished with loss? Probably

first_imgPlay VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%0:00 Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1ChaptersChaptersdescriptions off, selectedDescriptionssubtitles off, selectedSubtitlescaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedCaptionsAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window. The Video Cloud video was not found. Error Code: VIDEO_CLOUD_ERR_VIDEO_NOT_FOUND Session ID: 2020-09-19:fdf219d2fed1531265c88537 Player ID: videojs-brightcove-player-778064-4154353623001 OK Close Modal DialogCaption Settings DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsDefaultsDoneClose Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.USA TODAY Sports’ Nicole Auerbach discusses Kentucky’s perfect season coming to a crashing halt at the hands of Wisconsin and what it means for the record books.last_img read more

Learn more →

Abraham looks set to stay with Villa

first_img Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook See also:Pulisic has still yet to speak to SarriChelsea’s Palmer set to join Bristol City on loanHudson-Odoi tells Chelsea he wants move Wolves are keen to sign Tammy Abraham. [Picture: Mike Egerton/PA Wire]Tammy Abraham is set to stay at Aston Villa for the time being at least – and perhaps the rest of the season.AdChoices广告The Chelsea forward trained with Villa, where he is on loan, on Tuesday despite Wolves’ offer.The Premier League side want to sign the 21-year-old for the second half of the campaign.Wolves remain interested but, as it stands, Abraham is expected to remain at Villa Park.He has scored 16 goals in 20 games this season and is the Championship’s joint top-scorer along with Brentford’s Neal Maupay.Wolves, however, believe the deal is not dead and feel it hinges on whether Fifa would ratify him to play for them.Abraham featured for Chelsea’s Under-23 side in a Premier League 2 game against Derby in August and a player cannot play a competitive game for three clubs in a season.If Fifa rule the game was competitive the deal is over, but if he is able to play it may change the situation. Fifa are yet to give clarity over the situation.Football’s governing body said it had not been contacted about Abraham at the end of last week,while Wolves were confident it would not be an issue before the weekend.The Premier League and the Football Association have already given Wolves the green light.Villa remain powerless if Chelsea opt to activate their recall option for Abraham before January 14.Wolves, ninth in the Premier League, are looking for more firepower as they chase a Europa League spot.They have scored 23 goals in 21 Premier League games this season, with Raul Jimenez their top scorer, with seven.last_img read more

Learn more →

Tottenham ‘in the bidding’ to sign 23 year old, he sends…

first_imgSpanish newspaper AS carry a small article on Tuesday regarding interest in Celta Vigo’s Stanislav Lobotka. It’s believed Napoli will soon be the ‘main candidate’ in the ‘auction’ for the midfielder, because it’s expected Jorginho is off to Manchester City.Whilst Jorginho’s agent has made it clear repeatedly that the player very much wants the move, a deal has yet to be agreed with Pep Guardiola’s side.Also ‘in the bidding’ are Tottenham Hotspur, according to the claims, but AS don’t share any further information on that.It’s a rumour which has been simmering without really getting to boiling point, and it seems to be one that Lobotka himself likes. On a search to see what else is being said on Spurs interest, we landed upon an article from Fichajes who says the Slovakian has sent a ‘wink’ to Tottenham.Embed from Getty ImagesLobotka has shared a an article on Facebook linking him with Spurs.We’ve checked it out and a page stating to be the footballer’s has indeed done that.Playing in a central midfield role for Celta last season, Lobotka made 38 appearances in La Liga. AS believe Napoli would be willing to offer €32m, and the player has a release clause of €50m.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameBuild a Beautiful City and Play With Your FriendsForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoPremier Diamond BoutiqueHong Kong’s first lab-grown diamond empirePremier Diamond BoutiqueUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoDating.comWhere do attractive singles find each other in Tung Chung?Dating.comUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankThe New Role Banks Are PlayingCNN with DBS BankUndo熱門話題小心會瘦過快…網友推爆:「真的瘦的超誇張!」熱門話題UndoSmart Tech TrendOver 50? You Need Those Adjustable Focus Reading Glasses!Smart Tech TrendUndoSingles50Hong Kong: A 40+ Dating Site That Actually Works!Singles50Undolast_img read more

Learn more →

GABF to participate in FIBA U17 Skills Challenge

first_imgFollowing the cancellation of the 2020 U17 Basketball World Cup by the world governing body due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Guyana Amateur Basketball Federation (GABF), has confirmed their participation in the International Federation of Association Basketball (FIBA) ‘FIBA U17 Skills Challenges. This was confirmed by veteran administrator Patrick Haynes, Secretary of the Central America and Caribbean Basketball Confederation (CONCENCABA) during an official release.According to Haynes, who also holds the portfolio of FIBA 3×3 Commission Member, “After the FIBA Executive Committee’s decision that the FIBA U17 Basketball World Cup 2020 cannot be held this year, it has been decided to offer an opportunity to the players of this age category to gather with their national team, to train and compete without the need for international travel.Several national federations are planning to organise a training camp for this age category in the coming months, depending on the local restrictions and in compliance with the FIBA Return to Basketball Guidelines. Therefore, FIBA felt that the FIBA U17 Skills Challenge 2020 could provide an additional motivation and incentive to those young players and strengthen their bonds with the National Team.” The FIBA U17 Skills Challenges is set to commence from the date of August 17th and will feature boys and girls divisions respectively. It is also to be broadcast on the entity’s digital platform of YouTube. The official rules and regulations for the event have been issued to the respective members.Haynes elaborated, “In addition, the FIBA U17 Skills Challenges 2020 will be broadcast on FIBA’s digital channels (YouTube) thus providing an opportunity also to the national federations to be present and promote their brand and their activity during these challenging times. The FIBA U17 Skills Challenges 2020 (both genders) are scheduled to take place during the week of 17 August 2020. The sixteen (16) teams already qualified for the FIBA U17 Basketball World Cup 2020 and FIBA U17 Women’s Basketball World Cup 2020 are automatically qualified for the FIBA U17 Skills Challenges 2020.”He added, “In addition to the 16 teams already qualified, FIBA has decided to also offer an opportunity to participate to all interested national federations around the world. Namely, each FIBA Regional Office will organise Regional Qualifiers during the week of 10 August 2020 to qualify one (1) men’s and one (1) women’s team from each Region. National coaches Junior Hercules and Lugard Mohan have been identified by the GABF as the primary point of contact for the recruitment and execution of this qualifier. The GABF will be selecting five boys and five girls born on and after January 1st, 2003 to represent Guyana in this regional qualifier.”“The GABF now awaits information regarding the final phase of the FIBA U17 Skills Challenges 2020 from the FIBA Americas Regional Office including the FIBA U17 Skills Challenge 2020 Registration forms, Manual and other relevant documents and video materials. Local players can begin to register via the federation’s website at http://guyanabasketball.com/en/2020/07/01/fiba-u17-skills-challenge-2020-americas-qualifiers/”, he further divulged.last_img read more

Learn more →

Ghana steps up bid for 2 FIFA U-17 World Cup rights

first_imgGhana’s ambition to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2013 and the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2014 is taking shape because the government has finally inaugurated and constituted a bid committee to ensure Ghana wins the hosting rights to be decided by the World governing body later next month.The five-man bid committee will be headed by Worlanyo Agrah and include Charles Aryeh and Awuah Nyamekye representing the GFA.Ghana has until February 11 to submit its complete bidding books and documents and Worlanyo Agrah believes Ghana can get at worse one of the hosting rights.He said his team will set to work immediately and supervise the consultant working on the Ghana bid.Source: Joy Sports/Ghanalast_img read more

Learn more →

Man Utd 3 – 1 Chelsea

first_imgManchester United went two points clear at the top of the Premier League after beating Chelsea in a highly eventful encounter at Old Trafford.The scoreline barely starts to tell the story of a game that was a mixture of madcap moments, missed opportunities and high quality that ended with Sir Alex Ferguson’s champions maintaining their 100% league record.United were three up at half-time with goals from Chris Smalling, Nani and Wayne Rooney as Chelsea contributed to their own downfall courtesy of poor defending and a dismal failure to take the chances that came their way.Fernando Torres, lively throughout, scored his first goal of the season with a fine finish just after half-time but his improved performance will be scarred by his astonishing late miss at the Stretford End when he shot wide of an open goal after skipping around United goalkeeper David de Gea.It spared some embarrassment for Rooney, who earlier missed a penalty in farcical circumstances when he slipped haplessly as he ran up to take his kick.Rooney’s misfortune did not prove costly though as United took advantage of another slip-up which came 200 miles away, when neighbours Manchester City blew a two-goal lead at Fulham. Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas suffered his first defeat since his arrival at Stamford Bridge – and his first league loss since his Academica side went down 3-2 at home to Benfica in Portugal in April 2010. He may take some comfort from the fact Chelsea held their own for long periods but were ultimately let down by moments of weakness at both ends.United have been devastating when offered opportunities this season. And so it proved when poor marking from Ashley Young’s free-kick left Smalling unattended to head powerfully past Petr Cech, although the visitors felt he was offside.Chelsea were not discouraged by the early setback though and wasted two chances to equalise before the game was taken out of their reach in the closing stages of the first half.Torres scuffed an angled finish after Anderson carelessly conceded possession and another culprit was Ramires, who was guilty of an awful miss in the 25th minute. The impressive Juan Mata played in Torres, who unselfishly squared the ball for Ramires in front of an open goal, but his weak finish allowed De Gea to make a scrambling save.Chelsea paid a huge price for Ramires’ generosity as United struck twice before half-time to put themselves firmly in control. Nani scored the second with a spectacular rising drive from the edge of the area nine minutes before the interval and Rooney, inevitably, was the man on the spot as United increased their lead in the closing seconds of the half. John Terry’s clearance struck Nani and rolled invitingly into Rooney’s path for the simplest of finishes.It prompted Villas-Boas into making a change with Nicolas Anelka coming on to replace Frank Lampard – a switch that had an instant impact as the Frenchman played in Torres within a minute of the restart for the sort of finish that was his trademark at the height of his powers.Chelsea suddenly had hope but it looked to have been snatched away when United were awarded a penalty in the 55th minute. Nani struck the bar after cutting inside and was then hauled down by Bosingwa as he chased the rebound.Rooney exchanged smiles with England colleague Terry as he waited to run up but Chelsea’s captain had the last laugh as the striker slipped as he took the kick and missed the target.Torres was showing real signs of sharpness, meanwhile, as he brought another save from De Gea, but Rooney was also in the mood and rolled an effort against the foot of the post with Cech beaten. There was no excuse for Torres, however, when he somehow failed to score his second with seven minutes left. He sidestepped De Gea with ease and composure at the Stretford End then, with an open goal at his mercy, missed the target hopelessly as the taunts for the former Liverpool striker rang around Old Trafford.The action continued right until the final whistle as Cole cleared off the line from United substitute Dimitar Berbatov after he was set up by Rooney.last_img read more

Learn more →

Judge expected to rule on R Kelly request to fly to…

first_imgFILE – In this Jan. 25, 2014 file photo, recording artist R. Kelly performs at The 56th Annual Grammy Awards Salute to Industry Icons with Clive Davis in Beverly Hills, Calif. A Chicago judge is expected to rule on whether to let R. Kelly travel overseas to perform several concerts to help the cash-strapped singer pay legal and other bills as he faces sex-abuse charges. A hearing Friday, March 22, 2019, follows a defense motion saying the 52-year-old singer hopes to do up to five April concerts in Dubai. (Photo by Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP, File)CHICAGO | A judge is expected to rule on whether to allow R&B singer R. Kelly travel overseas to perform several concerts to help the cash-strapped singer pay legal and other bills as he faces sex-abuse charges.A hearing will be held Friday in Chicago. Kelly’s attorneys made the request, saying the 52-year-old singer hopes to perform as many as five April concerts in Dubai.Kelly also plans to meet members of royal families in the United Arab Emirates.Conditions of Kelly’s bond in the sex-abuse case include barring travel outside Illinois unless allowed by the judge.His attorneys argue Kelly is also scrambling to pay child support because of the cancellation of Illinois concerts and a record contract.The state’s attorney’s office declined to comment on Kelly request ahead of Friday’s hearing. They are expected to oppose the motion.last_img read more

Learn more →

Jorge Sampaoli has a defensive headache and calls up four B squad players

first_img CEST 16/08/2016 at 19:22 The Sevilla manager, Argentine Jorge Sampaoli, continues to have a defensive headache given the players missing due to injury and suspension.  Argentine defender Nico Pareja, who missed the first game, is still out injured. He has had to resort to calling up four youth team players to complete his 19-man squad for the second-leg of the Spanish Super Cup this Wednesday at the Camp Nou. The injuries to French centre-back Adil Rami (muscular soreness) and left-back Sergio Escudero (knock to the ribs), are added to the suspensions of two other central defenders, the Portuguese Daniel Carriço and Frenchman Timothee Kolodziejczak. EFEcenter_img Due to this, Sampaoli has had to use players from B squad ‘Sevilla Atletico’ to replace the absentees for the clash, which the Andalusians enter trailing 2-0 from the home first-leg. Another two players from the Sevilla Atletico set-up will travel to the Catalan capital, keeper Jose Antonio Caro, who was on the bench in the first-leg given the injury to David Soria, and central defender Diego Gonzalez, who was watching from the stands after missing out on the matchday squad. The Sevilla squad for Wednesday is formed by the following players: Keepers: Sergio Rico and José Antonio Caro. Defenders: David Carmona, Diego González, Gabriel Mercado, Mariano and Alex Muñoz. Midfielders: Iborra, Kiyotake, N’Zonzi, Kranevitter, Correa, Franco Vázquez, Ganso, Vitolo and Sarabia. Strikers: Konoplyanka, Ben Yedder and Vietto. Right-back David Carmona and young centre-back Alez Muñoz (signed from Hercules this season to play in the Second division) have been called up.last_img read more

Learn more →